Health Savings Account (HSAs)
These days, health care is a hot topic. Get ahead of the conversation and sign up for a health savings account with tax advantages. If you're covered by a qualified high-deductible health plan (HDHP) you may be eligible.
A HSA lets you set aside pre-tax* funds exclusively for medical expenses. And like a 401k, the account is yours to use whenever, whether it's 6 months or 6 years from now.
Read more HSA information.
- Designed to work in tandem with a high deductible health care plan
- Must not be enrolled by any other health plan (certain exceptions may apply)
- Must not be enrolled in Medicare
- Must not be claimed as a dependent for another individual
- Set aside tax-exempt* funds to pay for qualified medical expenses
- Earn interest like regular savings, regardless of your balance
- Rolls over year-to-year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Low $3 monthly service charge
- Several easy ways to access HSA funds:
- By checks (First order is free)
- Free online banking
- Free Visa® debit card
- FDIC insured
- No minimum deposit to open
*Direct deposit from your paycheck will reduce your taxable earnings. If contributions are made after income was taxed, the amount deposited is tax deductible. Consult a tax advisor.